Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Character Interview: Brodie Barrett

Brodie Barrett is the main character of my yet-to-be-published manuscript that I wrote during this year's NaNoWriMo. She is a 28 year old widow and single mother to a 10 year old girl who is newly engaged to her current boyfriend, Keaton Maddox. Brodie is a homicide detective for the Birmingham Police Department in Birmingham, AL. She closely resembles Sophia Bush. 



  • Is Brodie your real name? Yes. Brodie Evageline Shepard Barrett. Soon to be Brodie Maddox. 
  • When is your birthday? December 6, 1986
  • What is your fondest childhood memory? Fishing on the river bank with my best friend Walker 
  • If you were to gain an obscenely large sum of money, what would you do with it? Put some money away for Braelynn's college fund, take Keaton on a honeymoon to Italy, buy some more land and some animals and start a farm, save the rest 
  • How long have you and Keaton been together? On and off, almost four years
  • How do you feel about the murders that have been happening in town? Disturbed and frustrated. Whoever has killed these girls did it to get my attention. Who the hell does something like that? 
  • Do you think you know who the killer is? I think I have an idea but I can't say for sure yet. I still have some more evidence to process and a few more interviews to do. Whoever it is, I will catch them. 
  • Why do you think they are trying to get your attention? Another answer I'm not sure about. The clues point to someone close to me so my captain thinks that it may be someone who feels like I've done them wrong in the past and they want to get revenge
  • How does Keaton feel about the case? He's worried, of course. And he's always trying to check up on me and make sure I'm okay but he knows that I can take care of myself. He's been very supportive of me and has been incredibly helpful with Braelynn while I've been putting in extra hours. 
  • What are your plans for the future? After I close this case, Keaton and I are getting married. As far as serious plans for the future, I'm thinking that I'm going to resign from the police department. Keaton has mentioned before that he'd like me to stay at home in the traditional man brings home the bacon type of way. And now with Keaton with a possible baby on the way with an ex-girlfriend, I may end up having a sweet baby at home to take care of. 
  • Can you give me any details about the wedding? Maybe there will be some details in the book....
Web Analytics