Friday, May 22, 2015

AUTHOR INTERVIEW: Jon Jon Lannen - Author of The Giraffe That Taught Me How To Laugh

I am honored today to be able to share an interview with Jon Jon Lannen, the author of The Giraffe That Taught Me How To Laugh! Please check out Jon Jon's website and see what kind of cool stuff he's got going on. Also please check out The Giraffe That Taught Me How To Laugh on Amazon!


Jon Jon Lannen is a writer, actor & director living in Denver, Colorado. Jon Jon has been performing improv comedy for over ten years and wants everyone to fall in love with the art of improvisation. Jon Jon writes and performs regularly. He formerly co-founded and ran FORK Productions, along with executive produced the Denver Improv Festival. He recently won Outstanding Author and Outstanding Entertainer by Outfront Magazine. Jon Jon also won the third season of Denver's Next Improv Star. Lannen has performed and taught in improv festivals across the country, including Chicago, Colorado Springs, Denver, Los Angeles, New Orleans, New York City and Oklahoma City. Jon Jon Lannen currently owns and operates Jon Jon & Co. and is the author of the award-winning book, The Giraffe That Taught Me How To Laugh. Lannen is also adjunct faculty, teaching improvisation, at numerous schools throughout the state.

For information on the author: www.jonjonandco.com



Author Interview

·         When did you first realize that you wanted to write this book?
o   I’ve always loved writing and making people laugh. Growing up, I was always an improviser, but never knew what it was called. There was no work out there that spoke improv to kids. I knew I had to write it. The Giraffe That Taught Me How To Laugh is the book I wish I had as a kid.


·         How many books have you written?
o   I’ve written and published one book, The Giraffe That Taught Me How To Laugh


·         What are you currently working on?
o   I am currently casting for andCo, a short-form improvisational show. The troupe is in its fourth season. I’m also concluding the edits on my next book, The Giraffe and Cheetah Taught Me Theater. All of my upcoming projects are on the Jon Jon & Co. site: www.jonjonandco.com


·         Who is your favorite character from one of your stories?
o   Life, the giraffe. That’s definitely my favorite character. Life loves improve so much. That energy is so contagious!


·         What do you do when you’re not writing?
o   When I’m not writing, I perform improv comedy and teach workshops/seminars regularly. I own and operate a boutique-style firm named Jon Jon & Co. focusing on coaching, comedy and consulting.


·         What is the strangest writing habit that you have?
o   The strangest writing habit? For one, I’m not a writer that can crank out a manuscript in a week. I truly have to be inspired organically before I start writing. Some writers think that’s nutso.


·         What inspires your stories?
o   Improvisation and life.


·         What advice would you give aspiring writers?
o   Believe in yourself and write about what you care about. True intention can always be read; literally and figuratively.


·         What book could you read over and over again?
o   Anything from Dr. Seuss and Shel Silverstein.


·         What famous person would you love to have as a fan of your work?
o   Honestly? Whoopi Goldberg. She’s been an inspiration to me since Sister Act. If she were a fan of my work, I would be over the moon with excitement!


·         If you were stranded on a deserted island and you could have ONE character from a book on the island with you, who would it be and why?
o   That’s an easy one. Life, the giraffe. 


For more information on the author and Jon Jon & Co: JonJonandCo
To purchase the book on Jon Jon & Co: JonJonandCo.com Webstore
To purchase the book on Amazon





 photo email_zps1ff7c9ad.png  photo goodreads_zps00371d7e.png  photo twitterbird_zps53a3b02d.png  photo google-Copy_zps49b07d3d.png  photo pinterest_zps2d5df537.png  photo bloglovin_zps87218985.png


blogger template by lovebird
Web Analytics